Role: The automotive industry is undergoing disruption with significant changes in the technology and IP landscape. As an IP strategist, you combine your business acumen, technology depth and patent research skills to support strategic IP creation and Innovation management. By continuously monitoring the competitive landscape, your insights help the leadership to identify the innovation whitespace, problems worth solving, and benchmark our progress against innovation goals.
- Closely working with the R&D engineers to understand current programs, and identify patent creation opportunities relevant to Strategic Roadmap of the organization
- Interface with the Business leaders and Innovation management teams to track Innovation and IP KPIs and drive strategic initiatives
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve the quantity and quality of patent portfolio
- Monitor the competitive IP landscape and benchmarking to generate actionable insights
- Guiding the inventors in developing their raw ideas to patentable solutions.
- Quick learner with passion for learning, and tracking technological progress in automotive industry
- Ability to understand and go deep in diverse/complex/emerging technological areas relevant to automotive domains
- Patent research, landscaping and whitespace analysis
- Business Acumen and Strategic Mindset- Understanding business strategy, financial metrics, market sizing and business model
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and networking skills
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics/Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent. An additional certification in management (MBA or equivalent) or innovation management (Design thinking, TRIZ) would be advantage.
Minimum 4 years as R&D engineer in a reputed organization. Additional exposure related to software development in automotive related technologies related to AI/ML, ADAS, Cloud computing, Electric mobility, battery management, embedded software, Data analytics, Connected Cars, UI/UX, OTA, Cyber security would be preferred.
Company: Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited